Effective Date: February 1, 2018
Websites User Agreement
Children Under the Age of 13
Our websites are not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to or on the websites. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on our websites or on or through any of their features, register on our websites, make any purchases through our websites, use any of the interactive features of our websites or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or username you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at the information provided in the “Contact Us” section provided at the end of this policy.
Our dealership respects the privacy of individuals who visit our websites, send us an e-mail, or participate in features and services we offer online. Our online privacy policies and procedures regarding online privacy have been developed using the guiding principles of Transparency, Communication Preferences, Data Security, and Compliance with Law/Safety. See below for specific information regarding these principles.
We avoid sending unwanted communications (i.e., Spam) by limiting our contact to individuals who have voluntarily provided their contact information, agreed to receive our communications, inquired about our products and services, and/or who have done business with us in the past. Subscribers to our e-mail services (or any other feature/service found on our Web site) will not receive unsolicited e-mail messages from us. We collect information online primarily to provide our visitors with a more relevant experience on our sites, such as catering search results or communications to match the vehicles or features they are interested in. When doing so, we will make every reasonable effort to avoid excessive or irrelevant collection of data. Our dealership will take reasonable physical, electronic and managerial measures to safeguard and secure any information you provide to us (e.g. data will be stored in protected databases on secured servers with restricted access). We allow email and telephone communication recipients to opt-out of future communications. Requests for opt-outs should follow instructions provided on communications (typically at the bottom) and can also be directed to [email protected]
We take reasonable physical, electronic, and managerial measures to safeguard the information you provide to us. We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. Contact information that you provide to us (such as your email address, mailing address, or telephone number) is securely stored on our web servers and we use encryption technologies for payment and financial information.
But the safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our websites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. Using an unsecured internet connection (such as public unsecured WiFi) may also result in your information being jeopardized by third parties.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is never completely secure. Although we endeavor to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our websites. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on our websites.
Compliance with Law/Safety
Our dealership is committed to following the law in both privacy practices and in rare instances where disclosure to authorities may be required or necessary. Our dealership may disclose specific personal information based on a good faith belief that such disclosure is necessary to comply with or conform to the law or that such disclosure is necessary to protect the users of our Web sites, the sites themselves, or the public.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
- We collect several types of information from and about users of our websites, including:
- Information that is about your use of our websites and how you access them, such as information about your browser, service provider, internet connection, IP address and search engines used to find our websites.
- Information that you decide to provide to us (such as by filling in forms or applications on our websites), by which you may be personally identified, such as your name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, any other information collected that can be used to identify you, or any other identifying information by which you may be contacted online or offline (“Personally Identifiable Information”). Our use of Personally Identifiable Information includes providing you with the information you’ve requested about our products or services, and for marketing and promoting such products and services.
- Records and copies of your correspondence with us, if you contact us (such as emails, live chat features, and telephone records).
- Details of transactions you initiate or carry out through our websites, including financial information (such as credit applications submitted through our websites)
- Information that is about you, but individually does not identify you, such as navigational information on what links you click on our websites, search inquiries, and any other information you produce in interacting with our websites, which may or may not be stored along with Personal Information.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us (such as when you submit online forms or applications to us).
- Automatically as you navigate through our websites (as explained in further detail in the next section of this policy).
Non-Personally Identifiable Data
Anytime you visit our Website, we may gather certain non-personally identifiable information regarding the means you use to access our site. This information may include the type and version of your browser, your service provider, your IP address and any search engine you may have used to locate the site. We use this information to help diagnose problems with our server, administer the Web site, and compile broad statistical data. In addition, we gather certain navigational information about where you go on our Web sites. This information enables us to determine which areas of the Web sites are most frequently visited and helps us to tailor the sites to the needs and interests of our online visitors. Such information is gathered by us in the aggregate and will not be associated with a specific individual without that individual’s consent.
Information Voluntarily Provided
Any information you provide to us (i.e. name, e-mail address, etc.) when you enroll in one of our E-Mail Reminder Services, request information, or use any of the other interactive portions of our Web sites, is securely maintained on our Web server and internal systems. This information may be used to provide you with information you’ve requested about our company, our products and our services, or to provide you with special notices. You may opt-out of receiving future communications at any time (see opt-out Procedures below). This data may also be used to tailor your experience on our sites by providing content that is relevant to your interests and geographic region.
Information Collected from Other Sources
Disclosure of Personal Information
Our dealership understands the importance of your privacy. We collect and maintain the personal information of our consumers for our use and our subsidiaries. We avoid selling, renting, or trading consumer information to third parties, other than as described below. Third parties may collect personally identifiable information about your online activities over time and across different websites when you use this website.
Our dealership may partner with select retailers and other companies at various times to provide expanded services to our site visitors. As part of such a relationship, we may share with these companies the use of certain interactive Web site functions (i.e. eMail Reminder Services). Information provided by site visitors through use of interactive functions may be available to both our dealership and our partners.
Our dealership may use other companies and individuals to perform certain functions on our behalf. Examples include administering e-mail services and running special promotions. Subscribers or site visitors should not receive unsolicited e-mail messages from agents working on our behalf.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Technologies
We use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including: details of your visits to our websites, such as traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Websites such as information about your computer and internet connection, such as your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and does not include personal information, but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways, or receive from third parties. This information is typically used to help us to improve our websites to deliver a better and more personalized service including by enabling us to: estimate our audience size and usage patterns; compile broad statistical data; analyze visitor use of our websites and tailor sites to meet their interests; store website user preference and speed up their searches; and recognize return visitors. The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include browser cookies, flash cookies, web beacons, or similar technologies; please read immediately below for more information about each of these technologies.
Cookies (or “browser cookies”)
Certain features of our websites may use local stored objects (or “Flash cookies”) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our websites. These may also be disabled or otherwise limited by activating the appropriate settings on your browser.
Our websites or email communications may also contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as “clear gifs,” “pixel tags,” and “single-pixel gifs”) that permit our dealership, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics.
Our dealership may adopt other similar technologies for similar purposes.
How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We use information collected about you or that you provide to us, including any Personal Information:
- To present our websites and their contents to you.
- To provide you with information, or offers regarding our products, services, or financing of our products or services.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide information.
- To provide you with notices regarding any accounts or payments you have with our dealership.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our websites or any products or services we offer or provide through them.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our websites.
- In any other way we describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your affirmative consent.
We may disclose aggregated or statistical information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business (such as finance companies that you authorize to use your Personal Information in order to provide offers of credit).
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you request that we contact a vehicle manufacturer with a specific inquiry, we may transmit the contents of that email and your email address to such recipients.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- If our dealership has a good faith belief that such disclosure is appropriate in order to comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including responding to any government or regulatory request.
- In the event that our dealership sells or otherwise transfers substantially all, or even a particular portion of its business assets (such as selling the business to new owners), consumer information may be transferred as part of the transaction, whether by sale, merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other asset transfer, whether as a going concern or as part of any bankruptcy, liquidation, similar proceeding or sale of assets.
- To enforce or apply the terms of any sales or lease contract we have with you, or other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes.
- If our dealership has a good faith belief that disclosure is appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of our dealership, our customers, or others. This may include exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- Sharing customer personal information with companies other than Kings Ford, Inc. and Ford Motor Company for their direct marketing use.
- Selling, renting, or trading consumer information to third parties, other than as described herein.
Our dealership does not have any responsibility for any third parties who collect personally identifiable information about your online activities over time and across different websites when you use our websites.
Website visitors are not provided the direct ability to review and correct personal information that has previously been submitted. However, should you wish to update your current email address, mailing address, or any other information, please contact us as the email address or telephone number provided at the bottom of this policy.
Sharing for Purpose and Avoidances
We carefully share information with our business partners (such as finance companies) for the purpose of providing you with relevant products and services. We avoid selling or otherwise transferring your personal information to third-parties who are not involved in providing you with our products, services and related services.
Choices and Disclosures About How We Use Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
Tracking Technologies and Advertising
If you do not wish to have your email address used by the Company to promote our products or services, you can opt-out by sending us an email to [email protected] stating your. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions or use the unsubscribe link provided in our email to you. This opt-out does not apply to non-advertising information provided to the Company as a result of a product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience or other transactions (for example, our dealership may need to contact you regarding a vehicle warranty issue). If you have any difficulty in opting-out of any communications from our dealership, please immediately contact us at the phone number and email listed at the bottom of the policy.
Browser-Based Do Not Track
Some browsers incorporate a “Do Not Track” (DNT) feature that, when turned on, signals to websites and online services that you do not want to be tracked. Because there is not yet an accepted standard for how to respond to a DNT signal, we do not currently respond to DNT signals on this website or on websites where we provide advertisements, content, or other services.
Additional Privacy Considerations and Contacting Us
Public Forums Our websites may utilize chat rooms, forums, message boards, newsgroups, and/or similar forum technologies at various times. Unless otherwise stated, any information that is disclosed in these areas is public information and you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose any information in these areas, especially any personal information.
The personal data record created through your registration with our Web site is only to be accessed with the unique password associated with that record. To protect the integrity of the information contained in this record, you should not disclose or otherwise reveal your password to third parties.
Accessing Our Web Sites from Outside of the United States
Our websites are designed for, and intended to be used exclusively by, United States residents. We are not responsible for their use in any foreign nation or territory. If you are visiting our websites from a location outside of the United States your connection is designed to be through and to servers located in the United States. Any information you provide during your visit is to be processed and maintained on our webserver and other internal systems located within the United States.
Changes to this Policy / Effective Date